Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday, December 2 2008 (Day 279)

Once again Dad had a tiring and productive day. Billie (OT) was in and worked with him to be more independent, we put him in his manual chair and he moved himself around the house in it. She also had him fasten his shoes (Velcro), He then had to pick up Penny's toys from the floor and toss them into the basket. He actually did quite well performing that task. This evening Dad and I batted a balloon back and forth. I realize this sounds like it is mundane and simple, but, to us it is nothing less than a miracle. You should see the look of pride on his face when he does something you and I take for granted, I guess you can tell that I am extremely PROUD of him.
Health wise Dad and Mom are both doing well, Mom is still doing home dialysis, and holding together better than any of us ever would have imagined. If you haven't seen them lately, you would be amazed at the weight they have lost. Mom has lost almost 80# and Dad has lost well over a 100#. My Uncle Jack said "between the two of them, they have lost a whole person". They are an awesome couple that many people could take some pointers from.
Please remember to keep them both in your prayers and thoughts as you go through your day...
Love to All;
Skip

1 comment:

The Johnson J's!! said...

Skip, this is a great update!! We are keeping Uncle Clyde in our prayers as well as your mom and your family! I am so glad that he is doing so much, though it may seem so small for someone that hasn't followed up on him!!

I hope you all are having a great time with eachother and cherishing every moment you have together!!

Send my love to your mom and dad!