Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday, September 17 2008 (Day 210)

I realize I was going to post every other day... There really isn't enough to post, so I will try and post Wednesday and Sunday. That way I can keep everyone updated without boring you.
Dad is progressing quite well, he is using his left hand to feed himself and doing a fairly good job too. His speech is also coming along quite well. He can pretty much carry a full conversation. I have noticed lately he is putting some emotion into his voice; before he was very robotic.
He does have a tendency to get confused. He heard me say he would be out Tuesday or Wednesday, he heard it as "Two days" so he was a bit disappointed tonight when I explained it to him. He is still quite happy still, with 6-7 days though.
Charles and Shirley were up to see him yesterday, Dad was just grinning so hard I thought he'd burst. He told them about the "salad" he had with Bob and Dee. It is good his short term memory is getting that good. He has difficulty remembering this morning, but tomorrow he will be able to talk about it.
Although he is hopefully coming to the end of his hospital stays, He and Mom still have a long road ahead of them; They have shown a commitment to each other that has amazed me.
Please remember them and in your prayers and keep them in your thoughts.....
Love to All;
Skip

No comments: