Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday, September 22 2008 (Day 215)

I know this is late but I wanted to wait and post after we knew for sure what is going on....
DAD IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!!!
Right now is a mix of emotion, I (we) are really excited; but also scared to death, will we be able to take care of him good enough? The staff at Hampton has been so great to him, they really are a hard act to follow. Dad is ready to come home; he also is excited and scared, sort of like starting a new job. I sure hope we can do right by him. Kimawa went over several exercises to do with him and made sure we could do them.
Don was up the past few days, we of quite a bit of stuff put away. Still have a lot more than they will ever use or need. Mom is doing better at parting with things than I thought she would. I told her the first day, she needed to pare down or I would send her home and do it.... she has done quite well.
Dad is doing quite well, his speech is better, his leg is toned more than we would like but just takes time. We are working with the VA to try and get him a Van Lift; my van is a handicap type all set up, except for the lift. Hopefully they will come through.
I will post more Tuesday after he comes home.....
Please keep them in your prayers and thoughts.................
Love to All;
Skip

No comments: