Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday, September 23 2008 (Day 216)

Finally, after 216 days (or seven calendar months) Dad is home. He is nervous and scared, just like we are. We brought him home about 1:30 this afternoon. His bed and wheelchair came this morning. We will take him to see Dr Lindsey Friday at the V.A. we have to have them evaluate him for some of the supplies he will need. This works out well, we are getting renting a van for the reunion on Sunday. He is really looking forward to that trip. I went to the VA today to get Dads 'scripts. So I get to do it all again tomorrow as the meds were messed up. We got the pills he needed for tonight, but that was it. I guess that is the problem when his computer and their computer don't like each other. BUT other than that all is well so far.
Mom, Kathy, Kaitlyn and I got the SAMS emptied and Don helped us to sort, store and dispose of the boxes (not to sound like a commercial, other than having someone else pack and move that is the only way to go) We still have to put up the pictures and chatkes yet and a few odds and ends to finish or do they are done.
For Moms birthday, Kathy, the girls and I got Mom the landscape timbers, cloth and mulch to landscape the front lawn. Dad wants me to get her something for the yard. So I will do that sometime tomorrow.

No comments: